This pedestrian bridge is located in downtown Cottage Grove at the corner of Main Street and River Road. It was built in 1987 with recycled timbers that were salvaged when the Burmbaugh Bridge was dismantled. Adjacent to the bridge, in the City Hall building, a scale model of the Currin Bridge, shown at the 1986 World's Fair in Vancouver, B.C., is on display.
About a half a mile from Main Street on South River Road, just past Harrison Avenue, this bridge is the only remaining covered railroad bridge in Oregon. It was built in 1925 to bring logs to the J.H. Chambers Mill in Cottage Grove. The bridge is 78 feet long.
This bridge, built in 1925, is located on Layng Road and spans the Row River. It is being rehabilitated in 1995, and is closed to traffic and pedestrians.
Mosby Creek Bridge, also on Layng Road, was named after David Mosby, a pioneer who staked a donation land claim nearby in 1853. Built in 1920 for $4,125, the 90 foot span is the oldest surviving covered bridge in Lane County, and the only local covered bridge open to traffic. Mosby Creek Bridge was restored in 1990.
Built in 1930, this 60 foot bridge located on Garoutte Road was open to vehicular traffic until 1982, despite heavy damage. It has been restored and is now a pedestrian bridge.
Located on the south side of Dorena Reservoir on Shoreside Drive, Dorena Bridge was built to connect Government Road and Row River Road. Constructed in 1949 for $16,547, the 105 foot long bridge has been since bypassed with a concrete span.
© Copyright 1995-2004, Essentix, Inc., All rights reserved.