Portland, Oregon Arts, Events and
Online resources for Portland, Oregon
- Apple Tasting
- Held at Portland Nursery, this event is a great way to taste many kinds of apples and pears, and find your favorite!
- Art on Alberta
- Information on art events in NE Portland
- Artists Repertory Theater - "Artists Repertory Theatre is a professional, not-for-profit theater company dedicated to challenging artists and audiences with plays of depth and vibrancy in an intimate setting. "
- Portland Bridge Festival - A two week festival with art, music, culture, and fun celebrating the bridges that connect us.
- Cascade Blues Association - "The Cascade Blues Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of blues and roots music in the Great Northwest."
Ships - Parade schedules, maps, viewing locations
- Cinema 21
- Cinema Project - Independent films for cinema lovers.
- Crystal Ballroom - Music, dancing, food and local brews, in our favorite McMenamins style.
- Fandango - Movie theaters in the Portland area, with movies, show times, locations and online ticket sales.
- Filmed By Bike - Features short films made by cyclists
- flickr - Photos of Portland, shared by anyone and everyone
- Friends of Chamber Music - Includes classic series, not so classic series, and vocal arts. Online tickets and venues available.
- Portland Greek Festival - Hosted by the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, it features a wide array of Greek food and pastries, as well as tours of the church, book sale, music and dancing.
- Indie Wine Festival - Features Oregon's small, independent wine makers.
- Metropolitan Youth Symphony
- Mt. Hood Jazz
Festival - Jazz, blues and more
- NW Film Center
- NW Koi and Goldfish Show
- Oregon Ballet Theatre
- Oregon Brewers Festival
- Oregon Convention
- Oregon Live Entertainment - The Oregonian's entertainment section.
- ORLO - "Exploring environmental issues through the creative arts."
- Oregon Symphony
- PADA -
Portland Art Dealer's Association, with information
about the art galleries in Portland's Pearl District and Portland's First Thursday.
- PDX Bands - "What Portland sounds like."
- PDXnet Bands
- PDXPipeline - All about Portland's music, art and entertainment.
- Performing Arts - Travel Portland
- Polish Festival - Organized by the Polish Association and St. Stanislaus Parish, the festival features Polish food and beer, music and entertainment, and a street dance.
- Portland Center
for the Performing Arts - An internationally recognized
performing arts center, with over 900 performances
every year - ticket purchases available at this site.
- Portland Center Stage - Regional theater offering plays and special events.
- Portland Farmers' Market - "Bringing the best of the country to the city."
- Portland Festival Symphony - Presents free classical music concerts in Portland public parks throughout the city.
- Portland Opera - Portland Opera strives to produce opera that has the power to change your life.
Open Studios - This is an annual tour of artists'
studios in the Portland Metro area every second and
third weekend in October. During this self-directed
tour you can visit printmakers, sculptors, photographers,
ceramic artists, fiber artists, metal smiths, glass
blowers and painters of every stripe (portraits, landscapes
and other abstractions as well).
- Portland Public Market Vision
- Portland Revels
- Portland Sacred Harp
- Portland Symphonic Choir
- Portland's oldest and largest independent choral organization.
- Portland Taiko - Portland Taiko is a dynamic and evolving performing art combining rhythm, movement, energy, and culture into a single art form.
- Rose Festival - Portland's premiere festival, with "events and programs that spotlight the riches of our Pacific Northwest heritage and environment while offering colorful examples of many international cultures. Attended by more than two million people, the festival is annually one of the top three most highly decorated events by the International Festivals and Events Association." Favorite features are the Grand Floral Parade and the Children's Waterfront Village.
- Regional Arts and Culture Council - The Regional Arts & Culture Council (RACC) works to integrate arts and culture in all aspects of Portland's community life.
- River City Music Festival - An interactive, multistage bluegrass festival, featuring acoustic, roots and Americana music. Bring your instrument and jam with other pickers!
- Rose Quarter
- Stumptown Comics Fest attended by cartoonists from all over the country, featuring selected cartoonists, the comic art battle and many comic exhibitors.
- Online ticket purchases
- The Wedge Cheese Festival - Taste the best cheese in the west, made by regional artisan cheese producers.